Alcohol is the most widely used drug in America. It is the third largest cause of death in the United States, second only to heart disease and cancer. It is the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 15 and 24.
During the month of February, CKS will be collecting items for the residents of Crawford House, which provides transitional housing and treatment for women in early recovery from drugs and alcohol. Located right here in Skillman, they help over 100 women every year.
Some needed items include:
- Feminine Hygiene Products
Please, no items with alcohol, such as mouthwash or hand sanitizer.
If you would like more information about this collection, or the Crawford House, please contact Gayle Holtzman.
- March: The Boys and Girls Club of Trenton – Books for Children
- April: S.A.V.E. Animal Shelter – Supplies and Towels for Pets
- May: Food Drive for Montgomery and Somerset County Food Banks
- June: Womanspace – Supplies for Babies and Children