Rabbi Susan L. Falk, MA, BA, has led our congregation since August 1, 2007. Prior to joining us at Congregation Kehilat Shalom, Rabbi Falk was the Hospice Director for the Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Greater Philadelphia, providing pastoral care and education to the Jewish community. While a rabbinical student, she worked as a Chaplain, taught Hebrew school, and for three years served as the student rabbi for Congregation Beth Ahavah in Philadelphia. Before attending rabbinical school, Rabbi Falk directed a women’s HIV/AIDS and health education program in New York City. In addition to her work at Jewish Family and Children’s Service, Rabbi Falk gives talks and conducts workshops on how the Jewish tradition views nature and environmentalism; illness and end of life; sex and gender; science and religion; as well as a variety of other topics. It is Rabbi Falk’s overall hope and mission to give an authentic religious and spiritual voice to liberal and progressive individuals of all religions and from all walks of life.
Recently from the Rabbi:
- From the Rabbi: When Healthcare is a Tax Cut for the Rich – and Why I’m Not Quoting Torah or Talmud in this Message
- Passover Message & Resources – Being Children of Liberty
- From the Rabbi: Mosques, Synagogues, & Cemeteries – What’s Next?
- Mourning the Loss of Shimon Peres (1923-2016)
- Replacing Hatred with Compassion: A Tisha B’Av Message